Monday, December 13, 2010

How can I turn away?

(Photo courtesy of The Glenn's)

Look at these beautiful faces! I wish I could scoop them all up and bring them home to live with us. I think that collecting items for school kits is probably my very favorite! I think of these happy, little faces eager to learn and to change their lives! Education is their ONLY way out of the life they live! They are so grateful when given the opportunity to attend school. The tragedy is that most of the children in this nation are unable to attend school. Many of them, just because of the simple cost of their school supplies are not given the chance to be who they wish to be and to rise above their condition.

With the help of the members of my parent's church they were recently able to complete 100 school kits.

100 school kits!!
That is a total of:
400 Pencils
100 rulers
1,200 colored pencils (100 pkg of 12)
45,000 sheets of paper (600 notebooks)
100 pairs of scissors
100 erasers
100 pencil sharpeners

It's amazing what we can do when we all give a little! I picture 100 smiling, beautiful children given the change to change their lives for the better! I want to see thousands (and dare I say, millions?!) able to attend school because of all of us giving a little at a time to change these precious lives! Let's keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment